Saturday, March 15, 2014

On Being Green {Songography}

"It's not easy being green" by Kermit the Frog was the prompt for this week's Songography. Things are just starting to green up around here, but I had so much fun looking back through all my green photos! I had to share both the new (the daffodils, crocuses and tulips) as well as the old. Here are my favorites:


It's not that easy being green;

Having to spend each day the same color as the leaves.


When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold-
or something much more colorful like that.


It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.


And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water-


or stars in the sky.


But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like


And green can be big like an ocean, or important like a mountain, or tall like a tree.


When green is all there is to be it could make you wonder why
but why wonder why wonder?


  I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.



{Happy St. Patrick's Day!}

14 comments:

  1. A great green series but I love the first one!!!!!
    Really beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing, Deb! I can feel the plants shooting from the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous collection! They warmed my heart on yet another cold morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty. I love the first {rusty} one! And I'm really in love with the tulip leaves. I love those long leaves, but have never thought to photograph them without the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos have me longing for Spring even more. I think I actually said "Aaahhhhh" out loud a few times :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! Yes, I too long for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I'm totally envious of your grass shot with the lady bug!!! Such simplicity...yet so very striking in its clarity, colors and composition. A wonderful collection you have here, thanks for sharing at Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.... So many awesome shots here. That Lady Bug looks amazing..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful post. - Spring is such a perfect season. Loved the Ladybug shot. Your night sky was pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect I love them all trying to get back into the groove of blogging.

    Saun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the textures in that first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful, hopeful post!

    ReplyDelete